/Regex Makes Me (Weep|Give Up|(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻).?/i
REGEX! Love it or hate it, sometimes you actually need it. And when that time comes, there’s no reason to be afraid or to ask for help from that weirdo on your team who actually loves regular expressions. (I’m that weirdo, fwiw.)
This session is geared towards beginning and intermediate regex users, and will cover topics using practical examples that you might encounter in your own projects.
* What is regex? How's it work? A brief history.
* Syntax, special characters, character classes
* Grouping, capturing, and common gotchas
* More advanced topics like: Backreferences; Passive groups; Lookarounds (my favorite)
* PHP pattern matching and replacements
Talk claims have been moved to the new Joind.in site.
Please login to the new site to claim your talk